THE GREAT AMERICAN GOD-OUT encourages all people--people of faith and those who are godless--to join in acknowledgment and celebration of 'a day without god.'
The following is a list of ideas you might engage in to honor THE GREAT AMERICAN GOD-OUT!
Ways to Participate:
1. Plan ahead to to make time for friendly conversation with others about God and religion. Make a breakfast, lunch or dinner date with people from work, your friends and/or acquaintances (include new people!) Play the "Say There Is No God Game" and discuss your results with others. Laugh! Love! Learn!
2. Be cashless for one day and do not exchange any currency stamped with "In God We Trust." Write personal checks or use debit/credit cards for purchases. Ask yourself whether "God" should be included in economic gains and losses and stamped on economic tokens. Discuss your views with friends, family, church members or experts in the field.
3. Visit the following website: www.ehow.com/how_5054254_secular-drug-rehab.html. Learn the various ways addictive behavior can be treated without reliance on religious ideology. Keep track of your thoughts and emotions and make time or plan for a day when you can discuss your views with others.
4. Visit www.howstuffworks.com and read about a scientific topic you might think is related to religion and keep track of what you learn. Make time or plan for a day when you can discuss your feelings and questions with others.
5. Visit the Scientific American website and read the latest news. (http://www.sciam.com/) Make time or plan for a day when you can discuss your feelings and questions about what you learn with others.
6. Learn how to identify and correct at least one logical fallacy for the day. Visit :http://atheism.about.com/od/logicalfallacies/a/overview.htm to learn your fallacy for the day!
BE CREATIVE! LIVE! LOVE! LEARN! BE HAPPY AND GODLESS--EVEN IF JUST FOR ONE DAY!